Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss

The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Very very good.


It didn't strike me til after I'd finished the book and I was reading one of the blurbs on the inside cover, that the rough-sketch plot to this story is almost the same as Harry Potter. Which I don't mean as criticism at all, because - aside from the fact that Rowling was by no means the first to use it - Rothfuss does it so very much better than she.


The only real problem I had with this book is that I read it before he was done with the series, which I've more-or-less sworn off doing; now I have to wait for the sequel!

View all my reviews >>

1 Comments:

Blogger anti ob said...

I love this book. Reading it again as the sequel is finally out, and I went through 500 pages over the weekend.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home