Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review: Mark of Caine

Mark of Caine Mark of Caine by Miles Holmes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

(This is, by the way, the 3.1415927th book in a not-series of collected-but-mostly-unconnected universe of novels by different authors, all set in the world of Privateer Press' miniatures game Warmachines.) I expect that it would be very hard to follow without some background in the Warmachine setting, and there doesn't seem to be any definitive order to read the books about it, so I can't say where I'd start. At times you will hear the dice rolling, and expect page references to the unit stats in the rulebook, but this does have a bit of a plot of it's own, unlike (I thought) the previous Way of Caine. I enjoyed the ride, though I got a bit tired of the machoness of the relatively pointless references to heavy drinking and Caine's long trail of women he's left behind.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home