Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Architects of Emortality


Architects of Emortality
Architects of Emortality by Brian M. Stableford

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



There is such a thing as being too self-aware.

In the final pages of this book, one of the main characters thinks "If only she had been able to play a more active part..."

Funny; thats exactly what I was thinking.

This is an intriguing book, full of big ideas, but very little actually _happens_ in it. Our proxies in the tale, the main POV characters, essentially trail passively along being told things. So as a reader I also feel passive and uninvolved in the tale. Of course, as the reader of a book, I _am_ passive, but that doesn't mean I want to _feel_ passive. Basically, Stableford has created an interesting future, and some interesting characters, but he hasn't managed to tell a story with them.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home